Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Book Reviews from Ron, Kayla, Patricia, Alan, Aaron and Rebeca

Hi Boys and Girls!

Today I received five book reviews from Ron, Kayla, Patricia, Alan and Aaron! Wow! That is a record! Thank you to everyone at Celia Clinton for sending them in. Keep them coming!

Love,
Sparkles

Here are the book reviews that I received today:

"Thank you for coming to our school to teach us fire saftey skills. I wish that you can come back to our school again to teach us fire safety skills. The book [Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog] that you gave me , I learned to crawl on my knees when there is a fire in the house and you always have a meeting place by the mailbox or by a the fence."

Ron, age 9
Celia Clinton Elementary

Thank you Ron for your great review! It sounds like you really learned alot and that you sure know your fire safety. Keep it up and great job! Love, Sparkles
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you four coming to our school. wish that my dog can do what you can do. That is just amazing my dogs are to wild to do that. I learned from the book [Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog] is that having a fire alarm is important. Dayna I think that sparkles is glad to have you as a mom and I like your book very much so thank you. "

Kayla, age 9
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Kayla! Your note really made me happy! I love being Sparkles mom and it makes me happy that you noticed how much she loves helping me teach fire safety. It's her favorite thing to do! You are correct, having a smoke alarm is really important and helps keep you and your family safe. Remember to test it once a month and change your batteries twice a year : )
Love, Firefighter Dayna P.S. Sparkles says for me to tell you way to !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sparkles the part I like of your book [Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog] is were you teach the people about fire safety. The thing I learned is that you stop drop and roll. I appreciate you teaching us how to be firesafe. Keep teaching people fire safety Sparkles."

Patricia, age 9
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Patricia! Thank you so much for your note! I am so glad that you not only learned alot about fire safety, but that you mentioned that you appreciate it. That was so nice! Since you learned so much, maybe you can help me spread the fire safety message with your friends and family. That would be so awesome! Love, Sparkles
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I learned that whenever theres a fire you should touch the door with your hand backwards. Whenever you see smoke , always crawl on the ground. When youre on fire stop,drop and roll. I also learned to find a meeting place. For me the best place for a meeting place is a tree.'

Alan, age 10
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Alan! Sounds like you really learned alot while I was at your school. That is so exciting! You are right, if your smoke alarm goes off, crawl to the door and feel with the back of your hand if it is hot or not. If it is not hot, open it carefully and crawl low getting out as fast as you can. If the door is hot, remember to go out your window : ) I am soooo excited that you found a meeting place! That REALLY makes my day! You're awesome! Love, Sparkles

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sparkles I like becaues sparkles help kids have fire safety. Sparkles the safety dog is a
great book my mom and dad love it. I love that sparkles can do things and fire safety. I
did know that people can do more in fire safedy."

Aaron, Age 10
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Aaron! I am so happy that you wrote me a book review and I am really happy that your mom and dad and you love my book. That makes my tail wag so fast! I love helping Firefighter Dayna teach fire safety. You can help me too by telling your friends and family to practice fire safety everyday! Thank you so much for your note! Love, Sparkles
------------------------------------------------------------------
"I liked the picture when Sparkles was crawling low to demonstrate to us how to crawl low. And I learned that not to touch a doorknob when your house is on fire because you can burn your hand. Also I liked the picture when Sparkles was in the bed LOL!!! I wanted to ask a question do fire safety dogs go to fires or is it to dangerous for them to go? Well thank you for reading my note hope I here from you guys!!!"

Rebeca, age 9
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Rebeca!
Thank you so much for writing a book review! The picture of Sparkles crawling low is one of my favorite pictures too! She loves showing how to get low and go, get out and go to a meeting place! Remember, if your smoke alarm goes off, crawl to the door on your hands and knees and feel the door with the back of your hand if it is hot or not (and you remembered how important it was to use the back of your hand~ you really know your fire safety! That's awesome!). I'm so glad that you remembered that if the door is not hot to open it carefully and crawl low getting out as fast as you can. And remember, if the door is hot, go out your window. You make an awesome Jr. Firefighter!
Love, Firefighter Dayna and Sparkles

No comments: