Sunday, December 7, 2008

Book Reviews From Brenda, Robin and Dioselina

Today Sparkles received some book reviews and she'd like to thank Brenda, Robin and Dioselina for sending them in!

"I like the book a lot. It showed me a lot of stuff . Like if I was in a real fire and a smoke alarm would make noise like beep beep beep and would tell you fire fire fire a fire becuse my smoke alarm does that too. well got to run bye bye. "

Brenda, Age 10
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Brenda! Thank you so much for your really nice book review! I am so excited that you liked the book and learned what to do in case of fire. When you hear the sound of your smoke alarm, remember to crawl out of bed and get out of the house as fast as you can, crawling low. I hope that you and your family made an escape map and have a meeting place. A meeting place can be a tree, a mailbox or even a fence. Keep safe and remember to practice fire safety everyday!

Love, Sparkles
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Sparkles,

I learned a lot from you. How you would crawl down like that its a safer way to get away from a fire. And it was great that you made a book. And it was very smart to tell us not to touch a door with the palm of our hand. "

Sincerly,
Robin, age 9
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Robin! You really remembered your fire safety! Great job! You are right when you said that you shouldn't touch the door with the palm of your hand. Touch it with the back of your hand. If the door is not hot, you can go through it crawling low (remember to get out as fast as you can!) and if the door is hot, you can go out the window. Remember how important it is to practice your plan with your family so that you will know what to do if there is an fire. Thanks again for the great book review! You rock! Love, Sparkles
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I like the book of sparkles the fire safety dog. That was a good book for the little kids. I like how you went to school and teach the children about fire safety. I like how you crawl down and show the kids. I like how you was and that little bed it was a cute bed. That was a cute story. I like that book because you went to teach just like a teacher. I like the book so much. To a cute dog name sparkles the super teacher. He is a sweet dog and a smart dog. He is a super dog. He is a smart teacher he is a cool dog and a sweet dog. He is a safety dog and taking good care of his friend and people. He is a good friend for me. I like sparkles for a sweet daycare dog for the whole town because he is a super dog."

Dioselina, age 10
Celia Clinton Elementary

Hi Dioselina!
Wow, you really made my day. Sparkles loves being a fire safety dog and helping keep people safe. It was really nice of you to say all of the very sweet things about her. Thank you so much for your note and remember to practice fire safety everyday! Love, Firefighter Dayna and Sparkles

No comments: